if you want to remove an article from website contact us from top.

    in 2014, malaysia airlines flight 370 vanished during a routine flight to beijing as air traffic controllers watched the plane deviate from its path then disappear in one of the aviation world’s greatest mysteries. in the most expensive search-and-rescue in history, teams scoured the seas for any trace of the boeing 777 that was filled with 227 passengers. its final radio transmission said “good night” to the controllers, then it was never seen or heard from again in a case that remains unsolved to this day.


    Guys, does anyone know the answer?

    get in 2014, malaysia airlines flight 370 vanished during a routine flight to beijing as air traffic controllers watched the plane deviate from its path then disappear in one of the aviation world’s greatest mysteries. in the most expensive search-and-rescue in history, teams scoured the seas for any trace of the boeing 777 that was filled with 227 passengers. its final radio transmission said “good night” to the controllers, then it was never seen or heard from again in a case that remains unsolved to this day. from EN Bilgi.

    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Jump to navigation Jump to search

    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

    The missing aircraft, 9M-MRO, taking off from Paris in 2011

    Disappearance Date 8 March 2014; 8 years ago

    Summary Cause unknown, some debris found

    Site Southern Indian Ocean (presumed)


    Aircraft type Boeing 777-200ER

    Operator Malaysia Airlines

    IATA flight No. MH370

    ICAO flight No. MAS370

    Call sign Malaysian 370

    Registration 9M-MRO

    Flight origin Kuala Lumpur International Airport

    Destination Beijing Capital International Airport

    Occupants 239 Passengers 227 Crew 12

    Fatalities 239 (presumed)

    Survivors 0 (presumed)

    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

    Search (JACC) · Timeline

    · Satellite communications analysis· Disappearance theories

    See also: List of missing aircraft


    Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (MH370/MAS370)[a] was a scheduled international passenger flight operated by Malaysia Airlines that disappeared on 8 March 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia to its planned destination, Beijing Capital International Airport.[1] The crew of the Boeing 777-200ER registered as 9M-MRO, last communicated with air traffic control (ATC) around 38 minutes after takeoff when the flight was over the South China Sea. The aircraft was lost from ATC radar screens minutes later, but was tracked by military radar for another hour, deviating westwards from its planned flight path, crossing the Malay Peninsula and Andaman Sea. It left radar range 200 nautical miles (370 km) northwest of Penang Island in northwestern Peninsular Malaysia. With all 227 passengers and 12 crew aboard presumed dead, the disappearance of Flight 370 was the deadliest incident involving a Boeing 777 and the deadliest in Malaysia Airlines' history until it was surpassed in both regards by Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, which was shot down while flying over conflict-stricken Eastern Ukraine four months later. The combined loss caused significant financial problems for Malaysia Airlines, which was renationalised by the Malaysian government in August 2014.

    The search for the missing airplane, which became the most expensive in aviation history, focused initially on the South China Sea and Andaman Sea, before analysis of the aircraft's automated communications with an Inmarsat satellite indicated a possible crash site somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean. The lack of official information in the days immediately after the disappearance prompted fierce criticism from the Chinese public, particularly from relatives of the passengers, as most people on board Flight 370 were of Chinese origin. Several pieces of marine debris confirmed to be from the aircraft washed ashore in the western Indian Ocean during 2015 and 2016. After a three-year search across 120,000 km2 (46,000 sq mi) of ocean failed to locate the aircraft, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre heading the operation suspended its activities in January 2017. A second search launched in January 2018 by private contractor Ocean Infinity also ended without success after six months.

    Relying mostly on analysis of data from the Inmarsat satellite with which the aircraft last communicated, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) proposed initially that a hypoxia event was the most likely cause given the available evidence, although no consensus has been reached concerning this theory among investigators. At various stages of the investigation, possible hijacking scenarios were considered, including crew involvement, and suspicion of the airplane's cargo manifest; many disappearance theories regarding the flight have also been reported by the media. The Malaysian Ministry of Transport's final report from July 2018 was inconclusive, but highlighted Malaysian ATC's failures to attempt to communicate with the aircraft shortly after its disappearance. In the absence of a definitive cause of disappearance, air transport industry safety recommendations and regulations citing Flight 370 have been intended mostly to prevent a repetition of the circumstances associated with the loss. These include increased battery life on underwater locator beacons, lengthening of recording times on flight data recorders and cockpit voice recorders, and new standards for aircraft position reporting over the open ocean.


    1 Timeline

    2 Passengers and crew

    2.1 Crew 2.2 Passengers

    3 Flight and disappearance

    3.1 Departure

    3.2 Communication lost

    3.3 Radar

    3.4 Satellite communication resumes

    3.5 Response by air traffic control

    3.6 Presumed loss

    3.7 Reported sightings

    4 Search 4.1 Southeast Asia

    4.2 Southern Indian Ocean

    4.2.1 Initial search

    4.2.2 Underwater search

    4.3 2018 search 5 Marine debris 5.1 Flaperon

    5.2 Parts from the right stabiliser and right wing

    5.3 Other debris

    5.4 Flap and further search

    6 Investigation

    Source : en.wikipedia.org

    Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Where Is It?

    Five years ago, the flight vanished into the Indian Ocean. Officials on land know more about why than they dare to say.

    Mendelsund & Munday GLOBAL


    Five years ago, the flight vanished into the Indian Ocean. Officials on land know more about why than they dare to say.

    By William Langewiesche

    JULY 2019 ISSUE

    1. The Disappearance

    at 12:42 a.m. on the quiet, moonlit night of March 8, 2014, a Boeing 777-200ER operated by Malaysia Airlines took off from Kuala Lumpur and turned toward Beijing, climbing to its assigned cruising altitude of 35,000 feet. The designator for Malaysia Airlines is MH. The flight number was 370. Fariq Hamid, the first officer, was flying the airplane. He was 27 years old. This was a training flight for him, the last one; he would soon be fully certified. His trainer was the pilot in command, a man named Zaharie Ahmad Shah, who at 53 was one of the most senior captains at Malaysia Airlines. In Malaysian style, he was known by his first name, Zaharie. He was married and had three adult children. He lived in a gated development. He owned two houses. In his first house he had installed an elaborate Microsoft flight simulator. He flew it frequently, and often posted to online forums about his hobby. In the cockpit, Fariq would have been deferential to him, but Zaharie was not known for being overbearing.

    In the cabin were 10 flight attendants, all of them Malaysian. They had 227 passengers to care for, including five children. Most of the passengers were Chinese; of the rest, 38 were Malaysian, and in descending order the others came from Indonesia, Australia, India, France, the United States, Iran, Ukraine, Canada, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Russia, and Taiwan. Up in the cockpit that night, while First Officer Fariq flew the airplane, Captain Zaharie handled the radios. The arrangement was standard. Zaharie’s transmissions were a bit unusual. At 1:01 a.m. he radioed that they had leveled off at 35,000 feet—a superfluous report in radar-surveilled airspace where the norm is to report leaving an altitude, not arriving at one. At 1:08 the flight crossed the Malaysian coastline and set out across the South China Sea in the direction of Vietnam. Zaharie again reported the plane’s level at 35,000 feet.

    Eleven minutes later, as the airplane closed in on a waypoint near the start of Vietnamese air-traffic jurisdiction, the controller at Kuala Lumpur Center radioed, “Malaysian three-seven-zero, contact Ho Chi Minh one-two-zero-decimal-nine. Good night.” Zaharie answered, “Good night. Malaysian three-seven-zero.” He did not read back the frequency, as he should have, but otherwise the transmission sounded normal. It was the last the world heard from MH370. The pilots never checked in with Ho Chi Minh or answered any of the subsequent attempts to raise them.

    Primary radar relies on simple, raw pings off objects in the sky. Air-traffic-control systems use what is known as secondary radar. It depends on a transponder signal that is transmitted by each airplane and contains richer information—for instance, the airplane’s identity and altitude—than primary radar does. Five seconds after MH370 crossed into Vietnamese airspace, the symbol representing its transponder dropped from the screens of Malaysian air traffic control, and 37 seconds later the entire airplane disappeared from secondary radar. The time was 1:21 a.m., 39 minutes after takeoff. The controller in Kuala Lumpur was dealing with other traffic elsewhere on his screen and simply didn’t notice. When he finally did, he assumed that the airplane was in the hands of Ho Chi Minh, somewhere out beyond his range.

    The Vietnamese controllers, meanwhile, saw MH370 cross into their airspace and then disappear from radar. They apparently misunderstood a formal agreement by which Ho Chi Minh was supposed to inform Kuala Lumpur immediately if an airplane that had been handed off was more than five minutes late checking in. They tried repeatedly to contact the aircraft, to no avail. By the time they picked up the phone to inform Kuala Lumpur, 18 minutes had passed since MH370’s disappearance from their radar screens. What ensued was an exercise in confusion and incompetence. Kuala Lumpur’s Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre should have been notified within an hour of the disappearance. By 2:30 a.m., it still had not been. Four more hours elapsed before an emergency response was finally begun, at 6:32 a.m.

    The mystery surrounding MH370 has been a focus of continued investigation and a source of sometimes feverish public speculation.

    At that moment, the airplane should have been landing in Beijing. The search for it was initially concentrated in the South China Sea, between Malaysia and Vietnam. It was an international effort by 34 ships and 28 aircraft from seven different countries. But MH370 was nowhere near there. Within a matter of days, primary-radar records salvaged from air-traffic-control computers, and partially corroborated by secret Malaysian air-force data, revealed that as soon as MH370 disappeared from secondary radar, it turned sharply to the southwest, flew back across the Malay Peninsula, and banked around the island of Penang. From there it flew northwest up the Strait of Malacca and out across the Andaman Sea, where it faded beyond radar range into obscurity. That part of the flight took more than an hour to accomplish and suggested that this was not a standard case of a hijacking. Nor was it like an accident or pilot-suicide scenario that anyone had encountered before. From the start, MH370 was leading investigators in unexplored directions.

    Source : www.theatlantic.com

    Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 finally called off with mystery unsolved

    The most complex and expensive search in aviation history has ended in failure.

    Asia & Pacific

    Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 finally called off with mystery unsolved

    Without results, search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 suspended

    This video is currently not available

    Nearly three years and $150 million later, the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was called off on Jan. 17. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)

    By Simon Denyer January 17, 2017

    BEIJING — The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was finally called off Tuesday after crews spent nearly three years combing the desolate Indian Ocean and its deep seabed, leaving one of the greatest aviation mysteries of all time unsolved.

    The governments of Malaysia, Australia and China said crews finished an underwater sweep of a 46,000-square-mile zone of seabed without finding the missing Boeing 777.

    The most complex and expensive search in aviation history cost around $150 million but failed to locate the plane, let alone answer the questions surrounding its disappearance in March 2014.

    “Despite every effort using the best science available, cutting-edge technology, as well as modelling and advice from highly skilled professionals who are the best in their field, unfortunately, the search has not been able to locate the aircraft,” the Joint Agency Coordination Center in Australia said in a statement.

    “The decision to suspend the underwater search has not been taken lightly nor without sadness,” the agency said.

    The jet carrying 239 people from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia’s capital, to Beijing vanished from civilian radar in the early hours of March 8, 2014, without so much as a distress call from its pilots.

    After several false starts, scientists examining satellite pings decided the plane had turned south and flown toward one of the remotest places on Earth. They directed the search toward a vast arc of ocean some 1,100 miles west of Australia.

    Last month, officials investigating the plane’s disappearance took another look at the satellite data and modeling of ocean currents and decided they might have been searching in the wrong place after all.

    They recommended that the search be moved more than 200 miles north.

    But it was too late: The three governments bankrolling the search had already concluded that it would be suspended unless convincing new evidence emerged to pinpoint the plane’s location.

    That wasn’t forthcoming, so in the absence of fresh leads or private money to fund a new effort, the search for Flight 370 is now officially over.

    The investigation has been controversial from the outset. The Malaysian government was criticized for releasing contradictory information in the first few days after the plane disappeared and for initially being reluctant to share information with foreign experts.

    As the search area moved south over the Indian Ocean, Australia took charge. But there was still more than a hint of chaos, with hopes repeatedly raised and then dashed.

    In April 2014, Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced that underwater signals had been heard, making him “very confident” that the plane’s black-box data recorders — the keys to solving the mystery — had been located. It turned out that the pings probably came from the search ship itself or its towed listening device.

    An oil slick was spotted from the air, but it did not contain jet fuel. Debris on the ocean surface turned out to be trash.

    Finally, confirmation that the plane had indeed crashed in the Indian Ocean came in July 2015, when a wing flap was found on Reunion Island, east of Madagascar. Since then, more than 20 objects confirmed or believed to have been from the plane have washed ashore on Indian Ocean beaches, according to the Associated Press.

    By then, the search for the plane itself had long since moved underwater, with several ships dragging sonar-equipped “towfish” back and forth through the ocean to map vast areas of deep seafloor to look for signs of wreckage. Unmanned submarines were also used to take a closer look at objects of interest or areas of rougher terrain. Still, nothing — apart from a couple of old shipwrecks.

    The search zone shifted several times as the satellite data was examined and reexamined and combined with updated information on ocean currents.

    And there was a final twist in December when the Australian Transport Safety Bureau revealed that another review suggested searchers had been looking in the wrong place all along.

    But Australia’s government had lost patience — or run out of cash. It rejected the bureau’s recommendation that crews be allowed to move north, and it argued that the results of the experts’ analysis were not precise enough to justify continuing the hunt.

    The three countries funding the search reiterated that view in Tuesday’s statement.

    “Whilst combined scientific studies have continued to refine areas of probability, to date no new information has been discovered to determine the specific location of the aircraft,” they said.

    The flight was carrying 152 Chinese nationals, and victims’ relatives here have consistently expressed frustration with the search.

    Voice 370, a support group for Chinese passengers’ relatives, said that extending the search to the patch of seabed recently identified by Australia’s Transport Safety Bureau was “an inescapable duty owed to the flying public in the interest of aviation safety.”

    Source : www.washingtonpost.com

    Do you want to see answer or more ?
    James 7 month ago

    Guys, does anyone know the answer?

    Click For Answer