if you want to remove an article from website contact us from top.

    if events a and b are independent, and the probability that event a occurs is 83%, what must be true? the probability that event b occurs is 17%. the probability that event b occurs is 83%. the probability that event a occurs, given that event b occurs, is 83%. the probability that event b occurs, given that event a occurs, is 83%.

    James

    Guys, does anyone know the answer?

    get if events a and b are independent, and the probability that event a occurs is 83%, what must be true? the probability that event b occurs is 17%. the probability that event b occurs is 83%. the probability that event a occurs, given that event b occurs, is 83%. the probability that event b occurs, given that event a occurs, is 83%. from EN Bilgi.

    If events A and B are independent, and the probabi

    Answer: .

    Math Resources/ algebra/ equation/

    If events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A occurs is 83%, what must be true? The probability that event B occurs is 17%. The probability that event B occurs is 83%. The probability that event A occurs, given that event B occurs, is 83%. The probability that event B occurs, given that event A occurs, is 83%.

    Question

    Gauthmathier7397

    Grade 10 · 2021-07-27

    YES! We solved the question!

    Check the full answer on App Gauthmath

    If events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A occurs is 83%, what must be true?

    The probability that event B occurs is 17%.

    The probability that event B occurs is 83%.

    The probability that event A occurs, given that event B occurs, is 83%.

    The probability that event B occurs, given that event A occurs, is 83%.

    Good Question (130) Answer 4.9 (935) votes

    Clear explanation (91)

    Write neatly (90)

    Easy to understand (67)

    Help me a lot (47) Detailed steps (31) Correct answer (28)

    Excellent Handwriting (11)

    Gauthmathier6887

    Grade 10 · 2021-07-27

    Answer & Explanation

    YES! We solved the question!

    Check the full answer on App Gauthmath

    Thanks (179)

    Does the answer help you? Rate for it!

    Still Have Questions?

    Find more answers or ask new questions now.

    One Gauth, All Math.

    Download Gauthmath App, snap, learn, and master Math with your own expert.

    Free download APP

    Gauthmath is free to download for everyone, anywhere, anytime.

    Top Elite Math Tutors

    Super qualified math tutors from top universities will solve your math problems. Isn't it unbelievable?

    24*7

    Snap your math questions anytime, Gauthmath is available 24/7.

    All math problems covered

    You must have some questions that others can't help you, but Gauthmath can.

    Related Questions

    Load More

    05:50

    Statistics: Using Samples to Estimate the Population

    04:57

    What is the Perpendicular Chord Bisector Theorem

    05:17

    How to Rationalize the Denominator

    03:41

    Introductions of Triangles | Types of Triangles

    More

    Source : www.gauthmath.com

    Conditional Probability Flashcards

    Study with Quizlet and memorize flashcards terms like Hiro has a stack of cards with one number from the set 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4 written on each card. What is the probability that he pulls out a 3 first and then pulls out a 2 without replacing them?, Use the Venn diagram to calculate probabilities. Which probability is correct?, A hat contains slips of paper with the names of the 26 other students in Eduardo's class on them, 10 of whom are boys. To determine his partners for the group project, Eduardo has to pull two names out of the hat without replacing them. What is the probability that both of Eduardo's partners for the group project will be girls? and more.

    Conditional Probability

    4.8 4 Reviews

    173 studiers in the last day

    Hiro has a stack of cards with one number from the set 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4 written on each card.

    What is the probability that he pulls out a 3 first and then pulls out a 2 without replacing them?

    Click card to see definition 👆

    3/28

    Click again to see term 👆

    Use the Venn diagram to calculate probabilities.

    Which probability is correct?

    Click card to see definition 👆

    P(A) = 3/5

    Click again to see term 👆

    1/10 Created by GummiBear821

    Terms in this set (10)

    Hiro has a stack of cards with one number from the set 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4 written on each card.

    What is the probability that he pulls out a 3 first and then pulls out a 2 without replacing them?

    3/28

    Use the Venn diagram to calculate probabilities.

    Which probability is correct?

    P(A) = 3/5

    A hat contains slips of paper with the names of the 26 other students in Eduardo's class on them, 10 of whom are boys. To determine his partners for the group project, Eduardo has to pull two names out of the hat without replacing them.

    What is the probability that both of Eduardo's partners for the group project will be girls?

    24/65

    A bag contains one red pen, four black pens, and three blue pens. Two pens are randomly chosen from the bag and are not replaced.

    To the nearest hundredth, what is the probability that a black pen is chosen first and then another black pen is chosen?

    0.21

    If events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A occurs is 83%, what must be true?

    The probability that event A occurs, given that event B occurs, is 83%.

    Seventy-five percent of the flowers in the arrangement are roses and the rest are tulips. Of the tulips, 50 percent are pink.

    To the nearest whole percent, what is the probability that a randomly chosen flower from the arrangement is a pink tulip?

    13%

    Lori downloaded all the pictures she took at Rita's wedding into a single computer folder. She took 86 of the 134 pictures with her camera and the remainder of them with her cell phone. Of the pictures Lori took with her cell phone, one out of every five was blurry.

    To the nearest whole percent, what is the probability that when she opens a random picture from the computer folder, it will be a blurry picture she took with her cell phone?

    7%

    Twenty-five bakery customers were surveyed to determine if they like cake or pie. The results are shown in the Venn diagram.

    Given that a randomly chosen customer likes cake, what is the probability that the customer also likes pie?

    2/7

    Twenty-two percent of the large pieces of mail that Rachel received this week were magazines and the rest were catalogs. Of the catalogs, 36 percent were for clothing.

    To the nearest whole percent, what is the probability that a randomly chosen large piece of Rachel's mail was a clothing catalog?

    28%

    Nadia's bookshelf contains 10 fiction books, two reference books, and five nonfiction books.

    What is the probability that she randomly picks up a reference book and then, without replacing it, picks up a nonfiction book?

    5/136

    Other sets by this creator

    26 amendments

    22 terms GummiBear821

    The 500 Most Common SAT Words

    485 terms GummiBear821

    Us history

    13 terms GummiBear821

    Us history

    10 terms GummiBear821

    Verified questions

    MATH

    What is the range of the given function?

    {(–2, 0), (–4, –3), (2, –9), (0, 5), (–5, 7)}

    Verified answer MATH

    The formula for the surface area of a cube is

    S=6x^2 S=6x 2

    , where x is the length of one side. Find the length of the side of a cube with a surface area of 150 square inches.

    A 5 inches B 25 inches C 30 inches D 900 inches

    Jack chose C as the correct answer. How did he get that answer?

    Verified answer MATH

    Mao is framing a picture. The picture frame is shown. What is the perimeter of the outside of the picture frame in inches?

    Verified answer MATH

    There are 364 first-grade students in Park Elementary School. If there are 26 more girls than boys, how many girls are there?

    Verified answer

    Other Quizlet sets

    To Kill A Mockingbird: Ch 23

    10 terms Kari_Goginsky

    Study Guide Info Quiz Chapter 1

    60 terms Noah_Meyers33

    Cold War terms

    16 terms kayleesauerwine2

    11 general orders

    11 terms dez7616

    Related questions

    QUESTION

    A constructors initialization section is inside of a set of curly braces, {} after a :

    2 answers QUESTION

    What does the grid boxes in a Punnett square show?

    6 answers QUESTION

    The z table provides the cumulative probability for a given value z. What does "cumulative probability" mean?

    3 answers QUESTION

    How many pregnancies have you had?

    7 answers 1/4

    Source : quizlet.com

    The events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A : Integrated Reasoning (IR)

    The events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A occurs is 0.4. In the table below, choose the two numbers that ...

    GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

    close Forum Home GMAT Quantitative

    Integrated Reasoning (IR)

    Unanswered Active Topics Register GMAT Club Tests Decision Tracker My Rewards New posts New comers' posts

    EVENTS & PROMOTIONS

    May

    14

    Mastering Co-ordinate Geometry, Circles & Polygons

    May

    14

    Free GMAT CR Webinar

    May

    14

    MBA Journey of a First-Generation Student to UVA Darden School of Business

    May

    15

    Can’t Pre-think in CR: What to do? (Free Webinar)

    May

    15

    Geometry Webinar: Achieve the 90th %ile Ability on Geometry

    May

    16

    Building Pace & Mental Stamina for the GMAT Exam: A Stage-by-Stage Power Strategy

    May

    16

    Magoosh Sale! May

    17

    Perfect 5-Star Rated GMAT Online Course

    May

    18

    Target Test Prep Student Isaac Scored 790 on the GMAT

    Details here May

    18

    Target Test Prep Student Isaac Scored 790 on the GMAT

    08:00 PM PDT - 09:00 PM PDT

    With the help of TTP, Isaac achieved an incredible 790 (Q51, V49) GMAT score! “Most of the credit for the 790 goes to TTP and the program they’ve put together,” Isaac says.

    Register Today May

    14

    Mastering Co-ordinate Geometry, Circles & Polygons

    05:30 AM PDT - 06:30 AM PDT

    Learn how to solve 700 level questions from some of the most complex topics in Geometry using a methodical approach. In this free webinar, we will cover the right picturizing skills required to simplify Geometry problems.

    Enroll Now May

    14

    Free GMAT CR Webinar

    07:00 AM PDT - 09:00 AM PDT

    Attend this webinar to learn two proprietary ways to Pre-Think assumptions and ace GMAT CR in 10 days.

    Set a Reminder May

    14

    MBA Journey of a First-Generation Student to UVA Darden School of Business

    08:30 AM PDT - 09:30 AM PDT

    We look into MBA Success story of Ryan, a first-generation college grad from the US. In this session, we will uncover his MBA journey, how he researched MBA programs, worked on MBA application essays, resume, interview, and recommendation letters.

    Register Now May

    15

    Can’t Pre-think in CR: What to do? (Free Webinar)

    05:30 AM PDT - 07:30 AM PDT

    Did you know that around 66% of CR questions fall under a certain Framework? Learn how to Pre-think assumptions within 90 seconds using Guided Framework driven Pre-thinking in Causality, Plan-Goal, Comparison and Quant based questions and ace GMAT Verbal!

    Register May

    15

    Geometry Webinar: Achieve the 90th %ile Ability on Geometry

    07:00 AM PDT - 09:00 AM PDT

    Attend this free geometry webinar to learn to visualize the solution, enhance comprehension and solve 700-level geometry questions in Quant with ease.

    Set a Reminder May

    16

    Building Pace & Mental Stamina for the GMAT Exam: A Stage-by-Stage Power Strategy

    08:30 AM PDT - 09:30 AM PDT

    The discussion will be around how a student can plan to pace their GMAT prep and build stamina to effortlessly navigate through 67 questions in a stretch while also retaining energy to complete AWA and IR.

    Details here May

    16

    Magoosh Sale!

    08:00 PM PDT - 09:00 PM PDT

    Save 20% now thru 5/16 on exam prep. Start your GMAT Prep today!

    Details here May

    17

    Perfect 5-Star Rated GMAT Online Course

    08:00 PM PDT - 09:00 PM PDT

    We are thrilled to reach 500+ reviews on GMAT Club! Regardless of your score goal or your timeline, TTP has a personalized study plan for you.

    Details here May

    18

    Target Test Prep Student Isaac Scored 790 on the GMAT

    08:00 PM PDT - 09:00 PM PDT

    With the help of TTP, Isaac achieved an incredible 790 (Q51, V49) GMAT score! “Most of the credit for the 790 goes to TTP and the program they’ve put together,” Isaac says.

    Register Today May

    14

    Mastering Co-ordinate Geometry, Circles & Polygons

    05:30 AM PDT - 06:30 AM PDT

    Learn how to solve 700 level questions from some of the most complex topics in Geometry using a methodical approach. In this free webinar, we will cover the right picturizing skills required to simplify Geometry problems.

    The events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A

    19 POSTS

    Go to First Unread Post

    Print view NEW TOPIC Show Tags

    FTS185

    Intern

    Joined: 06 Oct 2014

    Posts: 11

    The events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A [#permalink]

    Updated on: 17 Mar 2022, 00:16

    2 Kudos 18 Bookmarks

    The events A and B are independent, and the probability that event A occurs is 0.4.

    In the table below, choose the two numbers that are consistent with the information that is given. In the first column, select the row that shows the probability that at least one of the events A and B occurs, and in the second column, select the row that shows the probability that event B occurs.

    Probability that at least one of the events A and B occurs Probability that event B occurs

    Source : gmatclub.com

    Do you want to see answer or more ?
    James 12 day ago
    4

    Guys, does anyone know the answer?

    Click For Answer