if you want to remove an article from website contact us from top.

    how to get a car accident police report in wisconsin


    Guys, does anyone know the answer?

    get how to get a car accident police report in wisconsin from EN Bilgi.

    Get Your Wisconsin Police Report After a Car Crash

    Find out how you can get a copy of the police report that was completed for your Wisconsin car accident—and why it is important that you do so.

    How to Get a Copy of a Wisconsin Police Report After a Car Accident

    If local or state police came to the scene of your car accident, then a police report was likely written and, as a party to the accident, you will want a copy of that report to share with your attorney. The police report may contain important information about the cause of the accident and contact information for everyone else involved in the crash.

    How You Can Get a Copy of Your Accident Report

    You can access Wisconsin car accident reports through the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation. You can request your copy of the report by:

    Going to the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT) website to purchase a crash report.

    Contacting the DOT offline at P.O. Box 7919, Madison, WI 53707-7919, or by phone at (608) 266-8753.

    As of October 2015, the cost for a crash report was $6. You should have one of the following ready when you make your request: the date of the accident and a driver’s license number; the document number; or the accident number. It may take up to two weeks from the date of your accident for your police accident report to be available.

    While the police report may contain useful information for you, you should not panic if the information in the report is incorrect. Sometimes the police make a mistake and that mistake may not prevent you from recovering fair damages for the injuries that you suffered in your accident. You should, however, consult with a Wisconsin car accident attorney to discuss the facts of your case and the content of the police report so that you can be confident that your rights and potential recovery are protected.

    Have You Been Injured In A Wisconsin, Illinois or Iowa Car Accident?

    If you've been injured in a car accident you should speak to an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible. You can contact us online or call our office directly at 800.800.5678 to schedule your free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers. We have been helping car accident victims since 1964 and service clients throughout Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa.

    by Jason F. Abraham

    Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.


    Posted on 04/01/2018

    Just Drive to Avoid Distracted Driving Accidents

    Posted on 03/02/2018

    Use Sleep Awareness Week to Stop Drowsy Driving Crashes

    Posted on 12/28/2017

    Focus on Older Teens During Teen Driving Awareness Month



    What traffic safety issues and violations cause the most accidents in Milwaukee?

    Is it illegal to drive under the influence of prescription medication in Wisconsin?

    Can I recover damages after a Wisconsin car accident if I wasn’t wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash?



    The Hupy and Abraham Accident Assistance Guide—Keep This in Your Glove Box!


    Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims - Condensed Version


    The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims


    The Hupy and Abraham Accident Assistance Guide—Keep This in Your Glove Box!


    Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims - Condensed Version


    The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims


    The Hupy and Abraham Accident Assistance Guide—Keep This in Your Glove Box!


    Get Help Now

    Protected By Google reCAPTCHAPrivacy - Terms


    Did the accident take place in Wisconsin?


    Did the accident take place in Illinois?


    Did the accident take place in Iowa?


    You Might Also Want To Read:

    What Milwaukee Is Doing to Prevent Reckless Driving Accidents

    What to Do If a Drunk Driver Hurts You in Wisconsin

    What Every Wisconsin Driver Should Know About Deer Accidents

    Which Age Group Has the Most Traffic Accidents and Fatalities?

    Milwaukee's Fight to End Reckless Driving Continues

    Car Crash Airbag Injuries

    What Milwaukee Is Doing to Prevent Reckless Driving Accidents

    What to Do If a Drunk Driver Hurts You in Wisconsin

    Source : www.hupy.com

    Milwaukee Car Accident Reports

    If you have been in an accident, it's always important to obtain documentation or file a Milwaukee police report. Contact Gruber Law Offices to learn more.

    Car Accident Police Reports in Milwaukee

    If you have been involved in a car accident in Milwaukee, it’s important to document your accident and obtain a police report. Read below to learn more about Gruber Law Offices and what you need to do to document your accident.

    We Investigate Car Accidents

    To obtain insurance compensation for your losses after a car accident, you must have documentation of the accident. That starts with a police report or your report to authorities that details the facts of the accident. Insurance adjusters handling a claim will look for a police report.

    After a car crash, our experienced Milwaukee car accident lawyers can investigate and help you pursue an insurance settlement for the losses you have suffered. At Gruber Law Offices, our motto is “One Call…That’s All.”

    Requirements for Reporting Car Accidents in Wisconsin

    After any car accident causing injury or significant property damage, you are required by law to report the accident to police. If police respond to the scene of a car crash, they will conduct a routine investigation and file a report. However, police may not respond to every crash, which puts reporting responsibility on the individuals involved in the accident.

    After a car accident in Wisconsin you are required to stop and, if requested by the other driver, give them your name and address, driver’s license and the registration number of your vehicle. You also have a legal obligation to provide “reasonable assistance to any person injured in the accident,” including taking them to a doctor or hospital if it is apparent they need medical help or they ask you to. In most cases, however, phoning 911 and requesting an ambulance is sufficient.

    For a detailed list of what to do after an accident, take a look at our car accident checklist.”

    Wisconsin law requires you to report a car crash if it causes:

    Injury to a person.

    $1,000 or more of damage to any person’s vehicle or property.

    Damage of $200 or more to state or other government-owned property other than a vehicle.

    Injury means harm of a physical nature that requires first aid or attention by a physician or surgeon. The value of the damage is what it would cost to return the damaged property to the condition it was in before the accident, if possible.

    The law requires reporting such an accident by the quickest means of communication to the police department, the sheriff’s department or the traffic department of the county or municipality where the accident occurred, or to the Wisconsin State Patrol.

    The responding law enforcement officer is to file a report with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation within 10 days.

    If a law enforcement officer does not respond to a crash, either the driver of the vehicle or the vehicle’s owner or an occupant (if the driver is unable) needs to report the crash to WisDOT. You may receive a letter from the Department of Transportation stating you were involved in a reportable crash and asking you to complete a report, which you are required to do.

    Failing to comply with Wisconsin laws related to stopping after an accident, assisting accident victims and reporting an accident may result in fines of hundreds of dollars.

    How to Report a Car Accident to Wisconsin DOT

    If no law enforcement officer files an accident report, you will need to complete and submit the Wisconsin Driver Report of Crash DT4002, which is now an online form you can find at wisconsindot.gov/crashreporting where it says “Start Now.” This form will require you to provide certain information which you may want to gather beforehand:

    Driver’s license number

    Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

    Social Security Number

    Auto insurance information for the vehicle involved.

    You will be asked to describe the crash as one of these:

    Involving a motor vehicle (i.e., car, truck, bus, or motorcycle)

    Involving a parked and unoccupied motor vehicle

    Involving a deer or other wild animal

    Involving a domesticated animal

    Involving a bicyclist

    Involving a pedestrian

    Involving a fixed object

    Involving a non-fixed object.

    You will also be asked to classify any injuries:

    Suspected Serious Injury, such as severe laceration resulting in exposure of underlying tissues/muscle/organs or resulting in significant loss of blood; broken or distorted extremity (arm or leg); crush injuries; suspected skull, chest or abdominal injury other than bruises or minor lacerations; significant burns (second- and third-degree burns over 10 percent or more of body); unconsciousness when taken from the crash scene; or paralysis.Suspected Minor Injury, such as a lump on the head, abrasions, bruises, minor lacerations (cuts on the skin surface with minimal bleeding and no exposure of deeper tissue/muscle).Possible Injury, which is not visible but indicated by behavior such as momentary loss of consciousness, limping, claim of injury, or complaint of pain or nausea.

    On average, a crash report should take no longer than 40 minutes to complete, WisDOT says. The form will time out and you’ll lose what you’ve done after 30 minutes of inactivity. You should have the required records at hand, and it may be helpful to type out a narrative of the crash in a word processing program ahead of time.

    Source : www.gruber-law.com


    Skip to main content


    Coronavirus (COVID-19)

    Police Department Home


    You can use this form to report accidents involving Motor Vehicles.

    Fill out the Form

    Source : www.cityofmadison.com

    Do you want to see answer or more ?
    James 4 day ago

    Guys, does anyone know the answer?

    Click For Answer